fish will only eat bloodworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annie/Aggie

Aquarium Advice Activist
My two glass fish will only eat bloodworms. I bought 2 ADF's recently, (different tank) and gave my glass fish and platy's some bloodworms to try. Now my glass fish will eat only bloodworms, are they missing any major nutrients or anything or is it "ok" if they will only eat one thing?

I have a spiney eel that will only eat bloodworms. I have had eels that live for years, so I bet it will be OK. I also think that the glass fish will eat the flakes when they are hungry enough.

I kind of had the feeling that bloodworms weren't enough. I'll go get some brine shrimp as well and I suppose if forced the glass fish will eat the flakes. I put a few flakes in at the same time and the platy's eat it well enough, they seem to eat anything, but the glass fish now just munch them then split them out!
thanks
ps. was glad to hear about your eel, I won't particularly worry now if I spoil them a bit. :)

I have a pair of plagiostoma eels, (african spiny eels) that eat nothing but bloodworms, except for brine shrimp once a week, which has very little nutritional value. They have spawned several times on the diet, though they eat the eggs as soon as they spawn :( They won't touch live fish fry, even though I've tried several different kinds 8O If they're lacking anything from the bloodworm diet, you can't tell by loking at them.

Brine shrimp unless enriched with nutrients isn't all that healthy for them, explained to me like potatoe chips... give them mysis shrimp instead

Do the flakes give them that much more nutrients? I feed them tetramin as well. Because if that's the case I will only let them have bloodworms once a week or so, I'm pretty sure they'll be convinced to eat the flakes if that's all there is.

They will eat the flakes if that is what is there to eat. I use bloodworms as a treat myself personally, and not as their staple. My fish go crazy for fruits and veggies when they get those!

get out, they eat fruit & veggies? What kind and is there any special instructions? How about my ADF's, can I give them anything different as well?

click on the "here" word at the start of the sentence,
Note: it is a different colour then the regular text, indicating it is linked to something.

Back
Top Bottom