Fishes That Will Not Eat Shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Possibly, but rams might try to hunt. The dwarf crays or large shrimp would be your best chances for success I think, but they also have their own needs too. Most larger shrimp are filter feeders and tend to slowly starve in most aquariums they are attempted in. Large amanos MIGHT work, but there will be an element of risk to any first attempt. If you decide on your fish stocking, build from there and maybe try some ghost shrimp as a test?

Possibly, but rams might try to hunt. The dwarf crays or large shrimp would be your best chances for success I think, but they also have their own needs too. Most larger shrimp are filter feeders and tend to slowly starve in most aquariums they are attempted in. Large amanos MIGHT work, but there will be an element of risk to any first attempt. If you decide on your fish stocking, build from there and maybe try some ghost shrimp as a test?
Ok. I would be ok skipping shrimp if I Could have the dwarf crayfish. I always loved those.. I was thinking a pair of GBRs, some CPDs, Glowlight Tetras,Zebra Danios, Gold ringed Danios, ottos, and black kuhli loaches. Would the dwarf crays bother any of these?

I think CPOs would be ok. I haven't kept them with kuhlis before, but we have some with cories and they're both fine. The biggest problem will be making sure they (and the GBRs) get enough food in a tank with aggressive eaters.

I think CPOs would be ok. I haven't kept them with kuhlis before, but we have some with cories and they're both fine. The biggest problem will be making sure they (and the GBRs) get enough food in a tank with aggressive eaters.
So the crayfish would be fine with all of the fish if they could get food? I would make sure they where fed. I would find a sinking food of some sort

So the crayfish would be fine with all of the fish if they could get food? I would make sure they where fed. I would find a sinking food of some sort

I think it would be fine. Stock gradually and watch them though. Fish don't always behave the way we tell them they will. ;)

I think it would be fine. Stock gradually and watch them though. Fish don't always behave the way we tell them they will. ;)
Thanks! I think Im gonna try it! Ill just add the crayfish last and if it doesnt work Ill find him a new home!

With the price of CPO's i don't think I'd be gambling with them, but let us know how it goes. Some fish will attack shrimp even if they aren't large enough to eat them whole, not sure about crayfish.

With the price of CPO's i don't think I'd be gambling with them, but let us know how it goes. Some fish will attack shrimp even if they aren't large enough to eat them whole, not sure about crayfish.
Ill let you know. Im more worried about the fish. Ill pull him out if I get worried.

Back
Top Bottom