Fishless Cycle Concerns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d3vnu11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have had a beta fish (My gateway fish) :) Moved him to a 5 gallon tank which is in the process of cycling. But now I have a 25 gallon home for him to live in and intend to do a fish less cycle with. My question isn't about the cycling process that I understand completely. My question is after the cycle is complete and put one beta fish in and some Armano shrimp will that be enough ammonia load the keep the bacteria colony going and not say crash ? Should I research more suitable tank mates for betas. More Shrimp maybe ? I also intend to plant the tank. So yet another consumer of ammonia will be present.
Best Regards,
Kevin

that will be fine, a good portion of bacteria will probably die off if its just a betta and some shrimp, however enough will stay alive to deal with the bio-load of the betta and shrimp. so in short it will balance out fine. also adding plants will not effect anything has plants prefer to take in nitrates instead of ammonia.

that will be fine, a good portion of bacteria will probably die off if its just a betta and some shrimp, however enough will stay alive to deal with the bio-load of the betta and shrimp. so in short it will balance out fine. also adding plants will not effect anything has plants prefer to take in nitrates instead of ammonia.

Oh ok so basically even though I can build the colony up to process 2PPM in 8 hours once I go live it will just balance out to process what the beta and shrimp produce ?

Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom