Fishless Cycle PROGRESS!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah i use a liquid test kit, the only reason I can think of that is because I did so many water changes that maybe I got all of the nitrites out. I tested for nitrates before and got zero as well.

Bl414 said:
yeah i use a liquid test kit, the only reason I can think of that is because I did so many water changes that maybe I got all of the nitrites out. I tested for nitrates before and got zero as well.

The nitrates test is one of the "tricky" ones, be sure that you follow the directions in the bottle. Meaning the extra shake, etc. If not you can get a false 0 ppm reading.

what extra shake? ive been following the directions, add whatever ammount of bottle one, then shaking the other bottle for 30 seconds and adding that. then shaking for a minute

Okay more progress

ammonia - 0
nitrite - 3-4ppm
nitrate - 20-30ppm

whats next

Good stuff, just leave it... That nitrite will drop overnight at some point... If it goes any higher, 50% water change, but it's low enough right now for it to be ok.

Okey dokes, do I still keep adding the ammonia? Whenever I do the nitrite levels get really high

Keep adding ammonia, and when the nitrites get high, do the water change. Only dose ammonia when it gets to 0.

Back
Top Bottom