Fishless Cycling and Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bods2021

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So after setting up my new 36 gallon tank up and letting it run for about 16 hours I began my fishless cycle. Found a post on here from Eco23 that I thoroughly studied and am trying to follow. I tried to get my LFS to "donate" some seeding material but instead they just insisted on doing a fish in cycle which I neglected. I dosed my ammonia up to ~4 ppm about 3 days ago and yesterday observed the tank beginning to get cloudy. From just quick research the general consensus seems to be that this is a good thing and a "bacterial bloom". I guess my question would be is it possible for this to happen so quickly? I have the temp set to ~84 degrees, a MarineLand BioWheel Penguin 200 filter plus 2 air stones/bubbler decorations cranked way up which I heard was beneficial to the process. I am looking forward to getting home from work and checking the ammonia/nitrite levels. Fingers crossed.

If it is white cloudy that does sound like a bacterial bloom and is not a bad thing. Should go on its own as the bacteria sort themselves out.

Sounds fine. I would leave it for a week and test the waters again. If ammonia still hasnt dropped then a water change is due

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom