Fishy 911

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikalicious209

Aquarium Advice Activist
Powers down and com-ed says it will be at least 4 days till we get it back. Was out for 7 hrs by the time I got to my tank. I bought a 10g, used about half old tank water and filled it up, transfered my heater, airstone, and filter to the 10, along with all my fish. I used tap water conditioner w/stress coat. They are still adjusting, but I can't really tell how well they are doing.. Do u guys think a: there is enough bb on a piece of dw, 2 fake plants, air stone, and filter(all from my dt, seasoned for about a year) to avoid a mini cycle? And b: anything else that I could do to further help them? Total amount invested is maybe 25 $ in fish so its not the end of the world, but I love my guys and have grown attached.

Don't know about the bb.
You should be able to get by I you agitate the waters surface every once in a while. I used a red solo cup and just scooped out a cupful and pured it back in and so forth. This creates gas exchange and moves the water around a little. Good luck out there, those storms were something else weren't they?

Lost power during the storm too I grabbed the filter media but in a bucket with tank water and just agitated the surface whenever I got the chance and when power came back after about a day I did a pwc and everyone's alive in all my tanks so far

Oh yea they were, we were lucky, powers back on already, so it looks like I jumped tge gun lol. I wish I wouldve seen these sooner. Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom