Fishy Names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I posted this before, but here goes...My 2 bettas, now in fishy heaven, were named after my husband's first and middle names.

From my husband's first name, Steve (Stephen) I made up Stephie, pronounced "steffy". The betta's name was Little Stephie.

From his middle name, Emil, I made up Emmy. The other betta's name was Little Emmy.

Now when I get another betta, I won't know what to name him! Allivymar suggested renaming my husband instead! :lol: :lol:

Ok...I await the men in white coats to take me away! :lol:

My puffer is the only fish who has a name. We call him Puffy, short for Puffy the Platy Slayer. :lol:

(No, he never actually killed a platy... he just kinda left one finless. They grew back. ;) )

Fun thread! I name all my fish, although I'm planning on adding some schools of small fish to my tanks (rasboras, tetras) and realize it will probably not work to name those, because I won't be able to tell them apart. But as of now, all my fishies have names.

My dwarf gourami has been Pighead from his first day, which is a name he's never failed to live up to.

My corys are Mr Whiskers (bigger) and Dr. Seuss (smaller, does anyone else think cory faces look like Seuss characters?)

My betta is Ziggy Stardust because he's got a lot of purple and lavendar in him, and my boyfriend kept referring to him as a drag queen. Although I don't think Ziggy Stardust was a drag queen, just an alien.

And I decided to give my clown loaches Hindi names, as they were caught in the wild in Southeast Asia and I felt I should stay true to that. I went to a baby name site online and named the biggest one (with a saddle marking) Ram (means 'superior') the middle one Tipu (means 'tiger') and the tiny baby Karma

:lol: haha, i'm such a dork!!!

My first bettas name was Eddie, when he died we got another one and named him Eddie Jr but we called him Joe because he was in "Joes fish Bowl" (at razoos they had/have these drinks that come in a plastic fish bowl), and my third one was Sir Edward the Third. If I get another betta, its name is going to be Edwardo.

I only name the fish that do something to stand out. I have two comman goldfish named Sid and Nancy (the bigger one has a black strip on its back like a mohawk) and the one that has swim bladder, his name is crazy louie and the one that swims laps around my tank is Zipper (Until i think of something i like better)

My goldies are named Fred Rogers and Mister McFeely. Although when the oranda showed his true piggy nature, he kinda got re-named Mister McFatA#$.

The pleco...well...my friend thought it would be clever to name him/her Lady Elaine. But the name never really took. Right now he seems to go by "Buddy"

Some of ours have names - the mean little SW damsel chits are called Pretty Boy (Floyd), Al (Capone), Spike and Spot (domino damsel). My male bettas are Larry, his brother Darrell and their other brother Darrell (they share a divided ten gallon). My black cap oranda is Liberace, and his buddy the black moor is Mr. Magoo. . .

Back
Top Bottom