Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-13-2005, 10:36 PM   #1
zao
Aquarium Advice Activist

Fitler Media question

Hey people,
I am currently working on setting up a 120Gal and I bought a canister fitler it is a Filstar Xp3. Well I bought some bio-chem stars, and it said in the on the paper that it came with that 20 stars supports up to 100Gallons. Do I need to go buy another pack of stars to just add 4 stars to make up to support a 120Gallions. Or does it not really matter, and everythiing will still be fine.

zao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:40 AM   #2

Its basically your own decision. I know personally if the canister filter had room for the whole extra packet, I'd add the whole packet myself. The more bio-filtration the better. You can either be on the lower side of the bio filtration, exactly where the recommended number is, or on the higher side. When talking about bio-filtration, I'd say the more the merrier!
HTH
-Stewie

Tags
media

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com