Fixing new RGB lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

citroen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
TingKam aquarium fish tank 5050SMD RGB white blue LED light bar lamp submersible.
Hopefully this will be delivered tomorrow but I have been thinking on how to fix it.
My tank is 2 feet 60ltr with a standard plastic lid, the water level I keep at 1 inch from the top, the light comes with rubber sucker pads.
I think I could stick it to the rear top of the glass but may get water on from the filter or I could some how fix in the top of the lid, there was a big ballast unit there but this did not work.
I would prefer to have it on the glass as I could remove the lid easier but was concerned about the water so close.
I says submersible on the advert, has anyone got or tried one, it is the one that has a remote control for different colored lighting.
TingKam aquarium fish tank 5050SMD RGB white blue LED light bar lamp submersible | eBay

Light arrived today, it took all of 15 minuets to fix it in the tank, I stuck it to the rear glass with the 3 suckers provided, switched on and WOW.
It looks good and the remote works a treat, for £15 it is a bargain the size of tube is 48 cm.

That's pretty good to get a remote! Just watch the LED bulbs - on mine they started to flicker after maybe 6 months but it was a cheap experiment.

Back
Top Bottom