flakes versus crisps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemybarbs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My tiger barbs love the TetraColor flakes. I was running low, so I thought I would mix it up and buy these TetraMin tropical crisps. The tiger barbs don't like it as much. The loaches and shrimp appear to.

I bought these because the different colors represented different things, so i knew exactly what I was getting.

Red-carotenoids; Orange-high protein krill; green-spirulina algae.

Anyone else come across these crisps?

My angels dislike crisps, pellets and basically any foods that they have to work at to ingest. I theorize that it's just a matter of being spoiled, finicky or laziness.

I break them up into little pieces, but the tiger barbs don't even bother going up for them. The roseys, loaches and shrimp like the crisps probably because of the algae.

Devilishturtles said:
My fish love the crisps and flakes equally. But, they'd eat my finger if I put it in the tank and allowed them to.
:lol: :lol:
My fish don't like the crisps either. I never gave the spoiled and laziness theory any thought. Makes sense. :wink:

All the fish in my tank go crazy for the crisps. I use the crisps because i always found when a fish hit a flake, it causes a million little bits to fall down below my decent sized gravel (I hate it), but the crisps usually just break down into a size that doesn't fall through the gravel as much, thus allowing the corys to get a hold of them instead of rotting under the gravel.

Back
Top Bottom