Floating plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexwm125

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What are some floating plants you guys keep? I know there are tons out there. Doesn't have to be a "floating plant" it can be a plant that can be floated as well.

I would like to see what you guys have!

I have the inevitable duckweed, as well as water lettuce, salvania, and Phyllanthus Fluitans.

Pics in next post...

29g Community

10g Betta

Just got the red rooted floaters so they haven't colored up like I want them to yet on top but the roots are very red

29g Community

10g Betta

Anyone? Just interested because I found a few new floaters and want to see what you guys have. My Gouramis LOVE floating plants.

29g Community

10g Betta

I use frogbit in both my tank's, I always have an endless supply of it lol never run out ☺

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

It's really cool roots are red and the leaves are supposed to as well. And it flowers! :D

29g Community

10g Betta

I can never seem to get duckweed to really carpet the top though...idk why. But everything else grows like crazy

29g Community

10g Betta

It's really cool roots are red and the leaves are supposed to as well. And it flowers! :D

29g Community

10g Betta

Sound's really nice, I've only ever used duckweed (which drove me mad! ) and frogbit, but I might give that a try it'll look really nice if it flowers :)

I can never seem to get duckweed to really carpet the top though...idk why. But everything else grows like crazy

29g Community

10g Betta

I didn't have that problem Lol it wouldn't stop! I was constantly having to remove it, and when I thought I'd got it all in a few days it was back ?

I just bought some Fluitans off eBay. Do they spread like frogbit?

I've never kept frogbit but it grows in chains almost. I just recently got it I am trying to get it to color up. It's already working a bit!! :D

29g Community

10g Betta

Roots are a bit messy right now, the plant came in a cup and I didn't want to disturb them too much by trimming roots. Thought I'd just let them do their thing for now. But the roots look similar to water lettuce.

If you look closely you can also see the way they grow kinda

http://i.imgur.com/Jn7vqC1.jpg

29g Community

10g Betta

Roots are a bit messy right now, the plant came in a cup and I didn't want to disturb them too much by trimming roots. Thought I'd just let them do their thing for now. But the roots look similar to water lettuce.

If you look closely you can also see the way they grow kinda

http://i.imgur.com/Jn7vqC1.jpg

29g Community

10g Betta

I like it ? you can see the red tinge to it, really nice. Thanks for the pic ☺

Yes that's what I'm trying at least! Seems to be working a bit so far, it was almost straight green when I got it. :D

29g Community

10g Betta

I went to Wet Spot today and bought some of the red root floating plant, based on your post the other day :)

I divided it amongst two tanks. It's crazy how much they fit into one of those little hydroponic cups.

Back
Top Bottom