Floating snails...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shady3210

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 2 mystery snails have been floating on the top of my tank for about a day now. I know neither is dead as they will grab on the side of the glass occasionly but can't go anywere. Any idea why or how I can help the poor little guys?

my snails float quite often. as long as they're not sick, they be able to catch onto something...do you have pplants and/or rocks for them to play on?

Yes I have some plants and rocks in the tank and the plants reach just about to the top of the tank. One has managed to get ahold of the leaf but the other just bobs on the top. Will they eventually be able to get back down? It seems like the have air in thier shell or something.

ditto devilishturtles. snails can be quite funny--i have snails tht will "fall" off rocks and go surfing down to the bottom of the tank. occassionally i'll see a big bubble go up and think "pearling!" only to realize that it was a snail releasing its air. snails have a special siphon that they can extend to help suck in air--you can sometime see them extend it when they get near the top of the tank.

don't worry--your snail should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom