Floramax questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone had experience with Floramax? Also are you supposed to cap Floramax with sand or gravel? Don't know much about it and I am just curious if it's a waste of money or not.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have not used it but I understand it is similar to EcoComplete and can be used as is (no cap required).
Until you get some AA feedback, here are some Amazon reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm using it in my nano planted, I've been pretty happy with it. I did not cap it or anything. It looks nice and holds plants down pretty well, only thing I struggled to keep planted was dwarf hair grass. Its pretty tough to fully rinse, that would be my only complaint.

I hated everything about it. I found it difficult to plant stems, the texture/grain sucks and forget about carpet plants.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got yelled at by experienced plant members here when I was starting a planted tank for buying it. Luckily I had not opened it and returned it for ecoComplete. (Cough Brookster and the member that posted before me Cough) :(

Kind of sucks.. i would use eco complete before I used that again.. than again..I'm a Sandy kind of guy;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for all the input everyone! Just wanted to know out of curiosity. I'm planning on going with a dirted tank in approximately 6-7 months or so. I hate my gravel so much I just wish I could start all over again.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom