Fluval 3.0 finally !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coralbandit

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today the new Fluval LED 3.0 series is released .
I have a couple of the 2.0 pros and think in the common market they are the best light ,but lack some of the features many like and ask for top dollar .
Well I believe the 3.0 will address this with a "24/7" feature. Still probably top dollar .
My LFS has offered me a good discount on remaining 2.0 but I think I want a 3.0 to see if it will be the competition the Finnex 24/7 needs.
From my observations on brightness and ease of use the Fluval 2.0 blows the Finnex away only with the exception of the 24/7 setting...

Today the new Fluval LED 3.0 series is released .
I have a couple of the 2.0 pros and think in the common market they are the best light ,but lack some of the features many like and ask for top dollar .
Well I believe the 3.0 will address this with a "24/7" feature. Still probably top dollar .
My LFS has offered me a good discount on remaining 2.0 but I think I want a 3.0 to see if it will be the competition the Finnex 24/7 needs.
From my observations on brightness and ease of use the Fluval 2.0 blows the Finnex away only with the exception of the 24/7 setting...

I've got a 2.0 and really, I have no need for all the fancy features... Most of the time I have it going full blast for the best plant growth. Sure it's a cool party trick to change the colours or run a 24/7 cycle, but in reality I have never had an issue running my light on a wall socket timer ;)

But yes, the fluval blows the finnex and the current + pro out of the water in terms of build quality, customer service, warranty and most importantly, PAR.

If they are a good deal you should pick them up.... I recently bought one at half price and I was happy. I'm shocked how well a low profile light can easily grow medium light plants everywhere in a 48x18x24 90 gal.

But, yes the 3.0 is just so cool with all it's features I probably would want one too lol

I am always fish first plants if they work out .. The fluvals quality is unmatched . I like the 24/7 feature on my finnex but 1 out 3 has died somewhere in the fixture.
I am scared of finnex long term quality. I use 2@36" on my 180 display but other then that all my lights are on regular timers.
I do use one of the fluval 'rampers' on a beamsworks and it ramps 15 minutes on each end of cycle. Nice but the 24/7 effect the finnex has would be a nicer feature IMO..
I am not at all interested in thunderstorms or disco lighting but they have to sell this stuff to the general public so who is to blame ?
I just picked up my third 2.0 last week ! I have a 24" /36"/48" , I knew the new ones were coming about 6 weeks ago, my LFS owner is pretty good with me. If it wasn't for the 24/7 feature of the 3.0 I would do my best to get his inventory of 2.0 .

I am always fish first plants if they work out .. The fluvals quality is unmatched . I like the 24/7 feature on my finnex but 1 out 3 has died somewhere in the fixture.
I am scared of finnex long term quality. I use 2@36" on my 180 display but other then that all my lights are on regular timers.
I do use one of the fluval 'rampers' on a beamsworks and it ramps 15 minutes on each end of cycle. Nice but the 24/7 effect the finnex has would be a nicer feature IMO..
I am not at all interested in thunderstorms or disco lighting but they have to sell this stuff to the general public so who is to blame ?
I just picked up my third 2.0 last week ! I have a 24" /36"/48" , I knew the new ones were coming about 6 weeks ago, my LFS owner is pretty good with me. If it wasn't for the 24/7 feature of the 3.0 I would do my best to get his inventory of 2.0 .

Yep, I've always been seeing finnex having long term issues. I like the video from Aquarium Co-op where he threw the fluval into 3 + feet of water and left it there for an hour or so, the light was fine! I'd agree the 24/7 feature should have been included in the 2.0, especially for the price. It seems as if fluval was late to the party, but now they are getting their act together. Only until current and finnex come out with the next best thing. Which is? who knows...
The colour the 2.0 gives off isn't too bad IMO, a little yellowy when you dim it down... but running it @ 100% clears that up. Only complaint is the LED's on my 36" model only cover ~ 32" or so... Annoying because the corners look wayyyyy darker than the rest of the tank. I raised mine 2.5" off the tank rim and it cleared it up some.

Back
Top Bottom