Fluval 406 Noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beccyg_

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
I recently bought a fluval 406 filter second hand and I've had it set up cycling for a few days now but I've noticed it isn't as quiet as I was expecting. I've read a fair few people mention how quiet it is and as it is in my bedroom I need it to be. I replaced the tap connection parts and at the moment there's only sponges inside while I wait for some media. Any ideas how I can make it any quieter? Ive got a link here where you'll be able to hear it. Thanks in advance!

https://youtu.be/0BPbzf0biDU

Hi Beccy,

Where are you keeping it and what have you got it on? if there is some sort of padding you can place it on should help assorb a fair bit of the sound. Also is there somewhere you can stow it away?

Hi Beccy,

Where are you keeping it and what have you got it on? if there is some sort of padding you can place it on should help assorb a fair bit of the sound. Also is there somewhere you can stow it away?

Thanks for replying. It's on an open shelf sat on top of a towel. It's on some racking so there's no doors to close it in to reduce the noise. Is this level of noise normal for this filter? I'm new to canister filters so just a bit unsure.

Back
Top Bottom