fluval 6 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ktw020

Aquarium Advice Activist
Good buy? Looking to plant it. Need advice, I can only have up to a 6 gallon in my room.

I like mine but I only paid $20 for it. It would support low light plants otherwise you have to replace the lights. ( they make lights for the tank to do this) also a pain to vacuum, catch fish and add decor.

Quite expensive for a 6 gallon tank. Also, it does not take up much less space than a standard 10 gallon setup... Is there a reason for the 6 gallon limit?

How expensive are replacement lights. Im in a dorm. Max is five but I can get away with an extra 1.6

Going with a 5 gallon. Whats my best bet for lighting?

Going with a 5 gallon. Whats my best bet for lighting?

Depends on what your planting, something that small I would stay low tech

This is my customized fluval chi 5 gallon. Removed the original filter and replaced with an aqueon and an led. That's floating water sprite and an amazon plantlet in the center basket. It houses two female Bettas and a male and they get along great. It's nice a peaceful.

Attachments

• image-903445666.jpg
    image-903445666.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 52
We have 2 Fluval Edge 6g that my daughter got. I kept the light, use liquid carbon daily, and ferts once a week after WC's. I have ambulia, dwarf chain sword, crypts, bolbitus, java fern wendilov, and anubia's growing in them and they actually do quite well. But I do believe the liquid carbon is the key for the good growth I get using that lighting as the ambulia shouldn't be able to grow in that light.

Back
Top Bottom