Fluval c3 output

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tommy10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have noticed my fluval c3 on my 26 gallon bow is not putting out as much water is it once did. I have cleaned it and not seen a difference. What's going on? And how do I fix it?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have noticed my fluval c3 on my 26 gallon bow is not putting out as much water is it once did. I have cleaned it and not seen a difference. What's going on? And how do I fix it?
Thanks
What kind of media are you using to replace factory pads?
If you try to re-use factory pads by rinsing them out ........ it simply won't work. The micron dirt in the polishing pads cannot be rinsed out.

You really need a C4. I used a C3 on my 29 gallon and it worked fine ......... but the new C4 works so much better. I have two tanks ........ I moved the C3 to my 38 gallon along with another C3 and a (worthless) AquaClear50.

To continue in your bowfront with a C3, you need a constant change of media.

I run them as follows:

1) Fluval Edge pre-filter
2) Acurel Debris reducing pads
3) 100 micron aquaticlife nonwoven pads
4) 50 micron aquticlife nonwoven pads

Good luck.

You know there is an adjustment speed thing right? Just checking lol, then yeah the mechanical filter stage gets filthy and eventually after a couple rinses needs replacing, if the tube is clean make sure the motor paddles are ok and everything. Then the only other 2 things are the bacteria material which shouldn't affect anything and the carbon bag.

You probably could use one of these too.

Amazon.com : Jardin Aquarium Water Filter Pipe Air Tube Hose Stainless Steel Cleaning Brush, 61-Inch : Aquarium Cleaning Supplies : Pet Supplies

My tubes to my filter were absolutely disgusting when I finally got one.

Disgusting is right. I have this alternative in my "cart" to purchase with my next order to get free shipping:

Amazon.com : 5 Pcs White Bristle Aquarium Tank Water Pump Cleaning Brush : Aquarium Air Pump Accessories : Pet Supplies

I have three filters going in my 38 gallon tank. The AquaClear50 intake tubes look really bad since they are opaque. The two C3's tubes look "just fine" since they're black :nono:

You know there is an adjustment speed thing right? Just checking lol, .........

Good catch on the flow adjustment ....... Max flow is all the way to the right. AquaClears are the opposite ..... all the way to the left is max. Sometimes it's the obvious (y)

I replace the pads monthly and carbon every 2 months with the replacements made by fluval I will look into buying one of the tube cleaners thanks. And by tubes you mean the intake tubes that are in the water?

Oh and yes I always have it working full power

I replace the pads monthly and carbon every 2 months with the replacements made by fluval I will look into buying one of the tube cleaners thanks. And by tubes you mean the intake tubes that are in the water?

I'm assuming this is a canister and I'm talking the tubes that connect the pickup tubes to the filter, not the ones in the tank, although those should be cleaned also.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm assuming this is a canister and I'm talking the tubes that connect the pickup tubes to the filter, not the ones in the tank, although those should be cleaned also.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's an HOB

Back
Top Bottom