Fluval Chi a suitable home for Betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all, I was just wondering if a Fluval Chi was suitable for a Betta. Is it too narrow or small?

Thanks for your input!

I'd say since it is a 5g, you ought to be fine. A Chi is much better of a home than what some unlucky bettas end up in. Are you going to do it planted or artificial?

I'd say since it is a 5g, you ought to be fine. Just keep an eye on parameters, although there should be no issues there. Are you going to do it planted or artificial?

If I get the tank, I would prefer to go planted, but I am not sure of a good light for it. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks!

I beleive the stock lighting is somewhat poor, as are most stock lights. You might could do some type of Compact Flourescent fixture. That is what I run on my 5g betta tank and it grows a lot of stuff. You can find my thread in the showcase section to see how bright the light is. The lighting specs are on there as well.

What size tank is the chi? I've seen pics but never bothered to see the capacity :/ lol

they are available in 5 and 6.6 gallon sizes, I'm getting the gf the 6.6 gal for her birthday in February:whistle: , she saw one at Petco and fell in love with it, she wants one for a betta, and the 6.6 has the added convenience of a remote control for the lighting.

Part of the reason they cost so much is the "Fluval" on the package! Really, Fluval is known for reliable and good products. However, I am with Scouser, I will keep my 20 dollar 5.5g from Wally World! :ROFLMAO:

adadkins1 said:
Part of the reason they cost so much is the "Fluval" on the package! Really, Fluval is known for reliable and good products. However, I am with Scouser, I will keep my 20 dollar 5.5g from Wally World! :ROFLMAO:

My 17 gal juwel was cheaper than a chi lol

Back
Top Bottom