Fluval CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting the Fluval Co2 20 kit. I am putting it on my five gallon tank. I will do a review once I get it, and after one of the canisters is empty I'll take it to a paintball store and ask them to find a canister or valve that fits. I promise I will let you know if they find one. LOL

I am ready for it, but I am still waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

View attachment 67227

I will also let you guys know how long a canister lasts at 1 bubble per second a day. I will have to experiment with it.

I just did a quick search for a converter for disposable to pin valve and did find one for 50$ but it was gun specific. You would probably be better off just starting with a refillable solution right off the bat instead of spending a bunch of cash on converting a disposable model. At least check with your paintball store first to see if it can be done and what it will cost.

blert said:
I just did a quick search for a converter for disposable to pin valve and did find one for 50$ but it was gun specific. You would probably be better off just starting with a refillable solution right off the bat instead of spending a bunch of cash on converting a disposable model. At least check with your paintball store first to see if it can be done and what it will cost.

I was planning on getting a refillable tank, that's why I am going to go to the paintball store, to see if they can find a canister and valve that fits the thread size and diameter and height of the connector thing.

Fluval uses a non-standard thread on its fittings and disposable tanks. You would probably have better luck finding fittings for the conversion at a brewing shop.

Fluval uses a non-standard thread on its fittings and disposable tanks. You would probably have better luck finding fittings for the conversion at a brewing shop.
Too bad there's no brewing shops in my area

I should be set for a few months with my 3 pack of co2 cylinders. My kit will be here sometime between January 5th and 10th.

Or you could just do a simple CO2 fire extinguisher conversion, best value for money ever.

NoMoreGoldFish said:
Or you could just do a simple CO2 fire extinguisher conversion, best value for money ever.

I couldn't find any of the right valves... I got what was easiest. I already ordered it.

Somehow the co2 kit is arriving tomorrow.. A week before estimated delivery

Back
Top Bottom