Fluval Edge 6 Gallon Tank Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eagle Driver

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Looking for the best heater for a planted Fluval Edge 6 gallon tank. My plan is to have a single Betta, 6 Cardinal Tetras, a snail or two and maybe a few cherry shrimp. Am I living in a dream world? The real question regards the best heater but I am open to any and all comments.

Thanks
Eagle Driver

If your betta doesn't attack and eat the shrimp I'd be very surprised. I use cheap heaters off Amazon and I always get good life out of them. Unless you want fancy digital heaters.

Thanks for your input. I have a similar concern about adding cardinal tetras to a betta tank. Any thoughts on that? Regarding the heater, do any of the heaters you have been using fit into the Edge filter compartment?

Thanks again for your thoughts.

E.D.

It's hard to tell with bettas because of different temperaments. You might just have to see if he gets along with the Cardinals and be prepared to remove them if he doesn't or vis versa.

You probably won't have to use more than a 50 watt heater which are fairly small. I'd go with a submersible heater and lay it horizontally in that specific tank.

Back
Top Bottom