Fluval Edge options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tbox

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I walked into my LFS the other day with slightly inebriated intent to just purchase just a couple simple items on a list. I walked out with a 6gal fluval edge. I had a furniture top vacancy that needed to be filled.
I thought maybe a nano reef set up with inverts would be cool, but I'm gonna pass on sw. It will be fully planted, but what fish or inverts would you put in? I've thought about the dwarf puffer, but leaning towards no there As well. Puffers are cool though.

If you've got a small tank setup, drop a pic on here to see what route you've taken it.

Attachments

• image-675047051.jpg
    image-675047051.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 99
I walked into my LFS the other day with slightly inebriated intent to just purchase just a couple simple items on a list. I walked out with a 6gal fluval edge. I had a furniture top vacancy that needed to be filled.
I thought maybe a nano reef set up with inverts would be cool, but I'm gonna pass on sw. It will be fully planted, but what fish or inverts would you put in? I've thought about the dwarf puffer, but leaning towards no there As well. Puffers are cool though.

If you've got a small tank setup, drop a pic on here to see what route you've taken it.

Hello, Mcfly...

A school of chili rasboras and some shrimp? I wouldn't say a betta because they go to the surface for air and there isn't much of a air surface on the fluval edge? If that makes sense!

We have 2 Fluval Edge 6g tanks but I don't have pic's of them. They have low light but I have Ambulia (which took a bit to establish with low light but dosing liquid carbon daily got it going), Bolbitus, Java Fern Wendilov, Anubia Nana Petite, Micro Chain Swords, Crypt Wendtii. I use root tabs around the Crypt and Chain Swords and for the rest I use Seachem Flourish Comprehensive and API Leaf Zone weekly after WC's.

A Betta works in them as all you have to do is leave a tiny layer of air plus there is the open center. I have a Betta in one. A Dwarf Puffer would work, nano fish like Scarlet Badis, Chili Rasbora, Ember Tetra's, Clown Killifish, and several others. Or shrimp work well in this set up.

I do suggest getting the sponge cover for the filter intake to help keep the filter media cleaner since it's such a small filter.

Thanks for the suggestions. Tag a couple pics of yours on here when you can.
I was going to add a LED strip to increase the PAR output.

Back
Top Bottom