Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

fluval filter ?

I am setting up a 15 gal tank for my son. And I was thinking about using a u1 or u2 fluval underwater filter. Before I spent the money I was wondering if anyone has used one. How well did it work or not work, any maintinace issues?

Old 04-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshwater guy
I am setting up a 15 gal tank for my son. And I was thinking about using a u1 or u2 fluval underwater filter. Before I spent the money I was wondering if anyone has used one. How well did it work or not work, any maintinace issues?
I got a U2 about a week and a half ago. I can't believe how silent it is!! very impressed! The only thing I have against it is that when you clean it out, it doesn't stop dirty water going back into the tank. My old filter has a nonreturn valve that stops the dirty water coming out of the filter when it's turned off. It's so much easier to clean though! And it blends into the background so much better too there's an awful lot of space for filter sponge media too to host good bacteria. I like the fact that you can have a jet at the top of the tank with or without bubbles, or a jet at the bottom, or a finer jet stream from top to bottom. It's a shame you can only have one or the other though and not a combination. Hope this helps!

Tags
filter, fluval, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com