Fluval FX6 exhaust power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tsdobbi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, I currently have a Marineland C360 in a 75G. Pet Smart had a $90 dollars off sale on the FX6. So I picked it up.

I have a turtle, so the extra filtration is certainly helpful. I'm just curious how powerful the current is on it. I guess for the intake as well as exhaust.

My turtle is currently only about 2 inches long. The intake current doesn't seem to affect him at all, but he does "fight" the exhaust current. He can swim fine in it, you can just tell it takes a little extra effort. I assume for the FX6 its probably pretty substantial, considering its rated for 4X the size of tank my marineland is.

I am kind of waiting until I finish my DIY water fall for the tank before I hook up the FX6, hoping that will tone down the current in the water. The decoration (in its current state) is 18" tall. With a 6" X 6" reservoir that is 16" deep. As designed the hose from the exhaust will dump the water in the reservoir then the water will run down the side of the "mountain" like a waterfall when it fills to the top. Kind of hoping it won't be "bursting" out of the top because the water flow is so powerful. I gather the reservoir can probably hold about 80-90oz of water before hitting the overflow point. As long as it would take at least a couple seconds to fill that up, I think it should be good.

Back
Top Bottom