Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-24-2020, 06:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Fluval HOB filter

I just got a fluval aqua clear for my 30 gallon tank, and it was great. I just replaced all the stock stuff with fine fluval filter floss. It was working amazing at first along with some water clarifier, but I put in some more and the tank has been cloudy as heck for days. I have this dirted tank that gets cloudy from the dirt about once a week, so I use water clarifier once a week. Normally it would clear right up, but I opened a fresh bottle of the clarifier (Aqueon brand) and now the water is staying cloudy. Is my filter not working? Is my water clarifier more ďpowerfulĒ since itís a new bottle? Any help it appreciated, thanks all

Old 03-26-2020, 02:24 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Does it have fish in the tank, and is there any other filtration / beneficial bacteria to maintain the nitrification cycle process?

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
filter, fluval, hob, hob filter, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com