Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-16-2016, 12:07 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Fluval mini co2

I have been thinking about buying the fluval mini for my planted nano tank and I'm curious if anyone has had any decent growth with this set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 05-16-2016, 06:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandSomeDevil13 View Post
I have been thinking about buying the fluval mini for my planted nano tank and I'm curious if anyone has had any decent growth with this set up?

Hi mate I looked at this too and I can see why this is appealing but I was put off in the end and I'm glad really.

Replacing the bottles would become quite regular and tedious, there is no proper control over the bubble rate and you would have to remember to keep turning it off at night then fiddle with the needle valve again in the morning to set the bubble rate again.

Much more cost effective, safer an efficient to buy a proper set up in my opinion.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliban07 View Post
Hi mate I looked at this too and I can see why this is appealing but I was put off in the end and I'm glad really.

Replacing the bottles would become quite regular and tedious, there is no proper control over the bubble rate and you would have to remember to keep turning it off at night then fiddle with the needle valve again in the morning to set the bubble rate again.

Much more cost effective, safer an efficient to buy a proper set up in my opinion.

I'm sure you're right. The only reason I'm considering the fluval disposables is because the tank I'm setting up is a nano tank and it seems like a waste using an actual co2 system on such a small tank.
I figured the smaller fluval would be more than enough.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:45 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Aquatek make mini regulater for smaller tank 90 bucks well worth it refill it once every month and a half. 4 bucks to refill at academy

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2016, 06:52 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandSomeDevil13 View Post
I'm sure you're right. The only reason I'm considering the fluval disposables is because the tank I'm setting up is a nano tank and it seems like a waste using an actual co2 system on such a small tank.
I figured the smaller fluval would be more than enough.

I just think you will buy one of these and end up buying a proper system in the end anyway so just trying to save you time and money but of course the choice is yours.

Tags
co2, fluval, mini, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com