Fluval pressurized co2 vs DIY co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HandSomeDevil13

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm very indecisive on which I should end up going with, I was curious to know what the pros and cons are on both co2 setups. This will be for a nano tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here is a pic of my 20g planted tank from a little over 2 years ago. At the time I was using a Finnex FugeRay LED, DIY CO2, API Leaf Zone, Seachem Flourish Comprehensive, and EcoComplete (substrate). It was at the lower end of medium light. I was not ready for a pressurized CO2 system; DIY (yeast based) worked fine for about a year. It was not a lot of CO2 but it made a big difference in the growth and health of the plants. It ran 24/7 and posed no health problems for the fish.
A2BbNha.jpg

Edit: If I were to do DIY again, I would use the citric acid method. Less messy, longer lasting, controllable, more precise.

Here is a pic of my 20g planted tank from a little over 2 years ago. At the time I was using a Finnex FugeRay LED, DIY CO2, API Leaf Zone, Seachem Flourish Comprehensive, and EcoComplete (substrate). It was at the lower end of medium light. I was not ready for a pressurized CO2 system; DIY (yeast based) worked fine for about a year. It was not a lot of CO2 but it made a big difference in the growth and health of the plants. It ran 24/7 and posed no health problems for the fish.
A2BbNha.jpg

Edit: If I were to do DIY again, I would use the citric acid method. Less messy, longer lasting, controllable, more precise.

Very nice looking tank, I ended up going with the DIY co2 route instead of the fluval pressurized co2 system. I am going to try the citric acid method and see if it works for me.
Did you have any problems with the fluval drop checker?

Did you have any problems with the fluval drop checker?

Other than the suction cup not sticking to the glass all of the time (it's about 3 years old), not really. I think it's easier to read because of the white background.

Back
Top Bottom