Fluvial Spec 5 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dmnicholas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone else got one of these? I have a baby crayfish in one at the moment and I've housed a heater in the filter return compartment. It's not heating the full tank to the right temperature though, just that little compartment it's in.

Help?

I don't own one but I have read where some modifications were made to increase water flow to the heater. Hopefully other Spec owners will chime in ain't this.

Maybe if I slow down the flow, the water will spend more time with the heater?

Anyone got one?

I have this tank. I had to move the heater into the main compartment to get it to heat properly...but I'm not much into mods. Good luck!

Yeah it seems seeing as though the heater only heats the water in that compartment which in turn heats the water flowing through the tube, you need to set it to about 32 degrees to hold a temperature in the tank between 22/23... Slowing the flow down has helped though. Might be better off putting it in the main tank myself

I also just got this tank up and running a couple of weeks ago. I had similar problems with heating...I have kept my 25W heater in the small compartment but found slowing the flow right down and turning heater up to about 29c keeps my tank stable at 26c. Hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom