Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-22-2005, 12:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Puriti Send a message via MSN to Puriti Send a message via Yahoo to Puriti
Flying fish...

I was just trying to transfer my male baby mollies into the 2.5 gallon tank that i filled with luke warm water.I had just finished filling up the vase I keept my red multicolored betta in and I'm fishing around for more babies and I hear a small splash and then I see one in my betta tank. I look in.... one of my baby mollies JUMPED out of the 2.5 gal and with good precision landed in my betta tank o.o I used to have my betta in with them before but I decided he'd like to be alone in his own tank, but now I can't get the baby molly out of that tank >_<

Old 08-22-2005, 01:51 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to virus
wow that mustve been a weird experiance but they should be ok lol, you cant get a net in there?

1 Rosy barb
3 Neon Swordtails
1 Platinum lyretail mollie
3 Cory Cats
1 Dojo Loach
1 Angelfish
10 Gallon
empt- but running

This is cool place to make a extra budget for ur fishies by reading emails
https://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?Virus
virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:47 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

If you can't get a net in the vase, maybe you can pour the water into another container (along with the fish) when you do your next water change.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:57 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've seen something like that happen at this fish store near my place. They had a goldfish somehow end up in the tank across the pathway where you walk through the store.

Don't know if it really jumped ther or somehow got put there, but it seems wierd.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:02 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Puriti Send a message via MSN to Puriti Send a message via Yahoo to Puriti
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly
If you can't get a net in the vase, maybe you can pour the water into another container (along with the fish) when you do your next water change.
I put him in the water and like 10 seconds after I did he just FLEW out of it o.o
I got the little bugger out with my hand, a net is useless in that vase because of the way it's curved X.x but it was still weird lol
Old 08-25-2005, 03:25 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Felf
next time try using a turkey baster or a very large straw and hold your finger over the end when the fish is inside that is of course if the fish is small enough/what you're using is big enough
Felf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 06:28 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hell no, that fish is way too big for that anymore X.x I used to do that with them but now they're too big. They'd get squished in the straw/turkey baster 8O I'll keep that in mind with my 3 other new babies though X3
Old 08-25-2005, 01:13 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Felf
wow take it easy, it was just a suggestion :|
Felf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:17 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

I know i wasn't meaning to get after you o.o sorry if it sounded like i was ^^;*gives felf a hug* me sowwyyyyyyyy

Tags
fly

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com