Flying fox and least killifish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brunettebaby4571

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was at petco tonight and I was looking at some fish and I came upon the flying fox and I fell in love! They remind me somewhat of ottos and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them and what they are like and what size tank they should be in? Also does anyone have any least killifish? I am just tryin to find out as much as I can about both of these! Thank you! :)

Flying foxes can turn mean.

I have least killis. They stay small, breed live like guppies, eat anything and aren't particular on pH, just keep the water clean, give them live plants and good food, they'll do great.

Ok I had never heard of the flying foxes so I wasnt too sure. But I found some least killifish on a few websites for pretty cheap and shipping was really cheap and I really liked them and have been reading a good bit about them I just wanted some first hand experience so thank you very much!!

I have a flying fox in my 30gal and he thinks he owns the whole tank! He is my favorite fish though, but he can be mean at times

They are a community fish so they do well with others. They just show dominance, they won't harm your other fish

Is it a flying fox or a Siamese flying fox? There is a big difference between them. First is very aggressive and second is very peaceful. I have a siamese and he is great.

They are definitely flying foxes...Are the siamese flying foxes the algae eater ones? I am a little confused...

The tank I have right now is a 20 gallon and I wont be getting any new fish til I get a new tank. I am currently trying to get a 29 or a 40 gallon one and I just wanted to know some different fish options! :) I am pretty sure I am set on the least killifish tho

They said they were flying foxes but it is petco they could be wrong right? I looked at them for quite a while...Does it make any difference if they moved really quickly? I really liked them but Im not sure if I wanna get one now if they get aggressive...Should I wait and try to find the nice ones?

If they were flying foxes, they would most likely become REALLY aggressive in a 20 gallon. :(

Ya I am not getting any new fish til I get a bigger tank and I was just looking for some new ideas

Back
Top Bottom