Foggy Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nrose23

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I'm new to this whole fish tank thing and I just got a fish tank, I'm letting it run for a week, it's a 40 gallon tank and after 2 days it became foggy, is this normal or is there a problem? if so what should I do?

Alright thanks guys! I'll be sure to look at that article and read up on tank cycling and bacteria importance

Good luck!! I prefer to use my starter/ quarantine tank for the first 72 hours and I usually cycle with in tank after that- gives me a chance to get to know my fish up close and personal changing water and adding plants and decoration... Mind you- I have A LOT of time on my hands... Word of advice- DO NOT use algae treatment until your tank is fully cycled unless you know exactly what to look for try not to use it until after a month or two

It's Normal. It's professionally called "new tank syndrome" and it happens when the tank learns to sustain itself without chemicals and added bacteria. THIS IS A GOOD THING. Give it time - it will clean itself up :) ie - happened to me too.

Back
Top Bottom