Food for fantail fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ruth

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My fantail fish are doing fine, water is fine too.
I would like to offer them a variety of different food to them can anyone suggest foods ok for fantails? at the moment they have pellets and daphnia.

I have some frozen food as well but not sure if they are allowed this?

Fantail goldfish?
Fancy goldfish require greens in their diet so some blanched broccoli and deshelled peas would be good. They do better on sinking pellets if you don't have them already. Defrosted frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp can be fed occasionally but not everyday like greens and pellets.

Well, I have four fancies. They eat broccoli as Mumma mentioned. Day before tank maintenance I sometimes do a slice of orange or lemon. I also do brine shrimp the frozen packs you get at your LFS. And I make my own gel food up for them.

how do you give the broccoli? cooked or frozen? sorry I'm new to these fish how many pellets do you give? LPS said just a few!

I get frozen broccoli in a bag throw a few pieces in a coffee cup and microwave it a few min. It just needs to be blanched. I no longer feed any dry food to my Goldie's only home made gel food.

Back
Top Bottom