Food for Violet Goby.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey17

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to vary my Violet goby's diet. Anybody know what els ei can give mine besides bloodworms and fishflakes?

There are several things that I feed mine, most foods are too big so you need to make sure the food is either prepared in very small sizes or that it will break apart into smaller pieces.

I typically feed mine Wardley's shrimp pellets as the staple (these pellets break up into small pieces after they have been in the water for a few minutes, then the gobies suck it right up), Algae Waefers and market shrimp / prawns, etc.. Just keep in mind they are filter feeders so they food must be cut into very small pieces.

On a side note, have any pics? What size aquarium and is it brackish?

Hi, nevermind. I came home to find him dead. I've had him since May with no problems. It was a 30 gallon and yes it was brackish. I'm super pissed. The water was fine too.

oh.. sorry to hear that Joey... that sucks.. i hate when that happens. i was just talking with my girl the other day about how long it had been since i had a death in my tanks and 2 days later i find a dead cory i had just seem the day before looking healthy and on the move like normal.. :(

Sorry to hear about the loss, What salinity was the tank?

I have lost two violet gobies in the past, one was due to being in FW, the other was due to a GSP nipping it to death. Other then that the seem to be pretty hardy as long as they are kept in brackish tanks.

Bare minimum for a VG is 1.005, I keep mine at 1.008 due to some other fish in my tank but it's recommended around 1.008 - 1.010, even as high as 1.015 though.

Not saying thats what it did it but it could have something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom