Food problem.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman1121

Aquarium Advice Regular
I didnt really know where to post this but whenever i feed my fish, my three tiger barbs eat up all the food before any other fish can get to it. My platys have not eaten for more than a week and theyve stopped swimming around so im getting really worried. How can i get food to my other fish without the tiger barbs eating it all?

hungry fish

take 2 take out Styrofoam cups cut the top off place one on either end of tank feed the one first then quickley feed the other you might try feeding with lights out

I spread the food across the whole length of the tank, and have some plastic plants floating. So it make little islands, the tiger barbs can't swim in a straight line eating all the food. I had guppies eat all the food too.

The other poster was saying have 2 feeding stations, use cut the bottom off the cups and place in the water, sticking them to the sides of the tank vertically, so it makes a feeding ring on both ends of the tank. Then feed both rings, they most likely will figure out in short order that the food rings have the food.
I suggest the Float some plastic plants method, so a fish can't sip from one side to the other in a straight line. That way they have to work to get the food and the tiger barbs can't get all the food.

Thanks so much! I tried the plastic plants one with some old ones i had from my betta bowl and it works! Ill also try the cups tomorrow. :D

The more plants you add especially the branchy ones. The food gets trapped in places and the fish have to work to find food. Good also because some will fall to the bottom for your bottom feeder and tank clean up crew.

Back
Top Bottom