food recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blipblop

Aquarium Advice Activist
well since i have to start fishless cycling again... i have some time and i have a 26 dollar credit at bigal's... i need some suggestion on fish food. I bought the big al's staple flakes already.. i'm planning on keeping a school of tetras(6-7), 3 cories, and 3 ghost shrimp...

algae wafers? and what brand, and what other supplements? brine shrimp or something? i want to give some diversity to my fishes diet and treats once in a while, thanks...

Algae wafers really won't be necessary with the fish list you posted, thought the ghost shrimp might appreciate a small piece or two every now and then. Frozen or freeze-dried foods would make a good start for adding variety to your fish's diet. You might consider frozen or freeze-dried Daphnia (my Congo Tetras LOVE these), frozen or freeze-dried brine shrimp and frozen or freeze-dried bloodworms.

oo, cause i thought cories would want the sinking wafers, hmm guess i heard wrong.

Cories are omnivores, not necessarily vegetarians, and though they will likely occasionally eat a bit of algae pellet there are sinking wafers designed specifically for bottom feeders, like the one made by Hikari.

I have a tank thats nothing but bottom feeders, and it gets Fed Hikari Algae Wafers and Shrimp Pellets.

The eat whichever dissolves into an edible mush first.

Hikari has sinking wafers that have whitefish as the first ingredient. Have been using these for a long time. Just got sinking shrimp pellets for the sake of variety as well as the hope that the pellets sink where I want them to (the tetras pick up the wafers and zip around like gluttonous fools if the wafers come to rest in easy to reach areas).

I wish freezedried blood worms sank.

I have two absolutely wonderful synodontis cats and, the last time I looked, a few panda cories. And a varied gang of gluttonous tetras.

Back
Top Bottom