food variety question. thera+ and flakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
i would like to get y'alls thoughts on the best foods. Currently i feed thera+a it has garlic in it. I feed that every other day. I also feed omega one super color color flakes on alternating days when not feeding the thera+. On days i do a pwc which is once a week i feed frozen blood worms. I feed once daily. Upon more reading i read that the makers of thera+ recommend feeding that food exclusively for best results. Is that just their marketing angle to keep folks loyal to their brand, or should i not provide variety while feeding thera+? Also, read some negatives on flake food, but they really seem to like the omega one color flakes. If i do continue with variety what would be the best options? I really want to continue feeding thera+with garlic.

AC110 and AC70

60 Gallon 48"x13"x24"
8 neon tetras
4 guppies
4 otocinclus
3 red wag platies
1 dwarf gourami

Fish Foods

Hello piao...

Good question. From the info. I've gathered, frozen foods are the most nutritious. I feed brine and Mysis shrimp, plankton, krill and bloodworms. There are no additives, so nothing that would be difficult for the fish to digest. Additives, for the most part, just extend the shelf life of a product. Flaked foods typically have high phosphates, not good if the fish don't eat all of it and the leftovers create algae problems.

Garlic is very good for fish. I feed minced garlic sometimes. It's natural antibiotic properties boost the fishes' immune system.

B

Back
Top Bottom