Forced guppy adoption

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No but I'll get one of those food things, and do a water change before I leave. And so the guppy should be fine alone and I should get two more tetras is the sum of all this?

I just want to clarify that bottom-feeders do typically add to the bio-load. Plecos for instance are dirty, and add a lot more to the bio-load than people think.

Jenatron, I only say they don't if there is a filter that would remove their small load. They are helpful and cute little guys

I just want to clarify that bottom-feeders do typically add to the bio-load. Plecos for instance are dirty, and add a lot more to the bio-load than people think.

Agreed.

Make sure you are keeping an eye on your water parameters, especially nitrate levels. Ammonia and nitrite might not be a problem in an established tank, but nitrates can build up w/o weekly PWCs.

Test strips will give you very inaccurate readings. I suggest you get a liquid test kit ASAP.

+1 Test strips can be very unreliable. It's almost impossible to have an established tank with 0ppm nitrate, unless of course it is very heavily planted.

If your nitrate was 0ppm even with your liquid test kit, then I can only assume that your tank is not cycled? Do your fish a favor and wait until your tank has finished cycling before adding any more fish.

Ok, That sounds much better than 0ppm. Like Jen mentioned, test strips can give you inaccurate readings. Anything <40ppm is acceptable as far as NitrAte is concerned (although <20ppm is even better!).

Back
Top Bottom