Forgot to turn on heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jconner3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I did a water change a few days ago and somehow forgot to plug the heater back in and the temperature dropped to about 62F from 80F. Will my fish be ok? No one really ate today and they're all moving really slow or hanging around at the bottom of the tank. If I did another water change and used warmer water would that help?

I would just plug in the heater and let it slowly raise the temp. I think they will be ok but then again Im not sure what fish you have...

GodFan said:
I would just plug in the heater and let it slowly raise the temp. I think they will be ok but then again Im not sure what fish you have...

Angels, flame tetras, harlequin rasboras, polka dot loaches, ghost catish, Bolivian ram. I'm hoping everyone will be ok. Especially the Angels.

Angels, flame tetras, harlequin rasboras, polka dot loaches, ghost catish, Bolivian ram. I'm hoping everyone will be ok. Especially the Angels.
I think it will be ok. If they seem to be degrading then do a small water change and aim for no more than 70 degrees. Dont want to shock them.

Just turn it on and let it raise slowly as mentioned. You don't want it to jump too fast or it will shock them.

Where fish are cold blooded the colder temp would certainly slow them down. Fish are known to move less and eat less in cooler temps so hopefully this is just the case of what you are seeing now.

Back
Top Bottom