Found Driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BizzareKid

Aquarium Advice Regular
Found some driftwood at my nearby creek and I was wondering if any one had any problems with driftwood they found.

Well depends on what sort or driftwood youre talking about a specific type or just a floating log youve found?

Never used salvaged drift wood but many have. I know you can use beech wood if its dry and you remove the bark.

I'm not sure what kind of wood it is but it's just some wood I found stuck In between roots of fallen trees image-4103275269.jpg image-3490049049.jpg

image-79734675.jpg

I'm not sure what kind of wood it is but it's just some wood I found stuck In between roots of fallen trees

It took me forever to trust
putting drift wood In my tank =\ but now that I did it it looks gr8!

that is a nice piece.. I would personally leech and boil the hell out of it... Like in a big metal trough and pour boiling water over it for days and days.

lots of bacteria or parasites could theoretically exist, but identify the wood types in your area first and ask around to identify it positively.

You can bake it in an oven to kill any parasites and stuff. I did that with my found drift wood. I put it in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes. That should kill about anything. Then soak it in water for about a week changing the water daily. Should be okay then.

Back
Top Bottom