Found some Bamboo Shrimp :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
my parents wanted to go to some stores, and petco is around 30 seconds away from them so i walked over, just to see how they were doing. petco stopped selling bamboo shrimp around a year ago, and they said their distributor stopped selling them, so i havent been there since. Today i found around 8 bamboo shrimp in a tank. about 6 of them were over 4" and the rest were the normal size. i bought 4 for around $25.00 which is pretty good here. ive been trying to get a couple from another store which sells them for like 8.00 each (i got them for 6) and they only get 1 in every couple weeks, and theirs kept dying on me. i think i might get a 15ish gallon tank and try breeding them since their a pretty good size.

If you breed them, you will probably be the first person in the world to do this successfully.

Make sure to provide them with areas of swiftly moving water. They must have this in order to survive for very long.

Good luck and check out www.petshrimp.com for lots more information on keeping shrimp.

Males have a much thicker first walking leg than females, so they are easy to tell apart.

Back
Top Bottom