Found some pretty cool facts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

felipe

Aquarium Advice Regular
I looked at this website when i searched "goldfish" on google. This girl found somethingthat i thought was pretty interesting. Wild goldfish were originally greenish brown. they were not gold at all. but then the Chinese found golden-yellow colored goldfish. They put them in special ponds to breed the fish to be goldish-yellow. It also said that goldfish can live to be as old as 40 years old. that is a pretty darn old goldfish. i just read that and thought it was pretty cool
:D

Thanks for sharing. :)

Seems like the chinese where relitivly advanced in the genetic relm to know you could slectivly breed to get a desired result.

i heard that the japanese/chinese are advanced in that kind of breeding, coloring, with koi also. there are like 40 different color patterns of koi or something. i saw the other day on animal planet this show called a pet story or something like that, and this one guy is an avid koi collector. he goes to japan or wherever and buys the fish sometimes. he even takes trips there to select the fish. it was wild. one of his koi has a bulge on its side so the guy took it to the hospital to see if it needed surgery. that is just amazing to me. luckily the poor thing didnt need surgery, it was just born with that lump there. but man were his koi huge. he had tons of outdoor ponds in his backyard and keeps them heated through winter, etc. very interesting. koi arent inside fish at all are they?

Back
Top Bottom