freaking out.... heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a problem like that happen not long ago and it heated up the tank to much for me. About 87 degrees and killed a lot of fish. Take it back asap
just waiting for my lift to get here (ie dad lol) and then we will be exchanging. I never had this problem with my larger tank... are smaller tanks harder to heat/keep temperature stable?

just waiting for my lift to get here (ie dad lol) and then we will be exchanging. I never had this problem with my larger tank... are smaller tanks harder to heat/keep temperature stable?

Smaller tanks aren't harder as long as you buy a heater w/ a built in thermometer. I would also recommend the heater have a adjust setting so you can better care for the tanks heat quality. I'm currently using those in all my tanks and they work great.

Smaller tanks aren't harder as long as you buy a heater w/ a built in thermometer. I would also recommend the heater have a adjust setting so you can better care for the tanks heat quality. I'm currently using those in all my tanks and they work great.
oh no.. I literally just bought a pre set one! fingers crossed!!

oh no.. I literally just bought a pre set one! fingers crossed!!

Mine that killed the fish was pretty bad and didn't even have a built in censor so if yours has a thermometer built in which is indicated by having a light usually on its side then it shouldn't have to bad of a problem

Mine that killed the fish was pretty bad and didn't even have a built in censor so if yours has a thermometer built in which is indicated by having a light usually on its side then it shouldn't have to bad of a problem
just checked the box and it does come with a thermostat. I chose it cause the reviews were good so hopefully! :)

just checked the box and it does come with a thermostat. I chose it cause the reviews were good so hopefully! :)

Hopefully it all works out. Try checking the temperature every hour to see if it gets hotter just to be safe.

Goodluck [emoji16]

Hopefully it all works out. Try checking the temperature every hour to see if it gets hotter just to be safe.

Goodluck [emoji16]
will do. just been reading reviews... not holding out much hope as it says it'll only eat 4 degrees above room temperature... my room is cold :( nect time I will stick woth cold-water fish! haha

will do. just been reading reviews... not holding out much hope as it says it'll only eat 4 degrees above room temperature... my room is cold :( nect time I will stick woth cold-water fish! haha

I use a Aqueon 50 way heater w/ built in thermometer and adjustable setting for my 10 gallon and it works perfectly so if you want warm water fish then it would be a great choice.

Once I get home I will add a picture of it to this post.

I use a Aqueon 50 way heater w/ built in thermometer and adjustable setting for my 10 gallon and it works perfectly so if you want warm water fish then it would be a great choice
might have to look into thay one... I'll give this one a try, may as well... if not I'll etc that one! thank you :)

IMG_1689.jpgIMG_1690.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, it's a breeding tank with a weird setup so I couldn't get a good angle. But anyways it is the aqueon 50 wat and it works great for up to a 20 gallon anything more and you'll just need a larger wattage.

yeah I've decided not to even try the one I bought... iys not gonna make the temp lol I got a digital thermometer at it reads at 25.2 so I'm OK with the older heater for now... will do definitely look into that one... will have to find a UK one though.
what fish do you have in your breeding tank?! I'd love to do a breeding tank one day ... far in the future when I have had a few years experience behind me

yeah I've decided not to even try the one I bought... iys not gonna make the temp lol I got a digital thermometer at it reads at 25.2 so I'm OK with the older heater for now... will do definitely look into that one... will have to find a UK one though.
what fish do you have in your breeding tank?! I'd love to do a breeding tank one day ... far in the future when I have had a few years experience behind me

I breed guppies. It was an accident to lol but the breeding tank is a new setup that I'm trying to use, its decent but I don't have much equipment to work with in it so it's a little extra work compared to other tanks.

I breed guppies. It was an accident to lol but the breeding tank is a new setup that I'm trying to use, its decent but I don't have much equipment to work with in it so it's a little extra work compared to other tanks.
thays awesome though. I have a huge tank at work with cichlids in... got 4 adults and aboit 30 fry in there.... they have had about 6 batches of fry! I realise the tank is very over stocked but the fry are still small and I have arranged woth a local store for them to take them, it's just fining the time as I'm not allowed to do it during work hours.

thays awesome though. I have a huge tank at work with cichlids in... got 4 adults and aboit 30 fry in there.... they have had about 6 batches of fry! I realise the tank is very over stocked but the fry are still small and I have arranged woth a local store for them to take them, it's just fining the time as I'm not allowed to do it during work hours.

My tank main adult tank is overstocked right now and I'm trying to find someone to buy some because my other tank doesn't have a filter so I can't keep many in it

Back
Top Bottom