Freeze Dried Tubifex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I go off to the LFS for some food supplies at lunch today... I pick up a couple of items, one is the OSI Spirulina flakes which most everybody in my fish crew seems to like. I also pick up some 'Nutrafin MAX', with tubifex and other worm components in it. After all I've read about tubifex being 'dirty' food, should I worry about the dry form of it, or is it just the live/frozen stuff that could be a problem?

i think they do something to make sure there is nothing harmful. read the label on that. i have feed mine some though i am not a fan of freeze dried.

It's pretty much the live version they are talking about. The freeze drying process kills any potential nasties....the only thing I don't like about the freeze dried ones is that they float forever and turn into this foamy mess.....my fish never have seemed to care for them, so you may soak them first or just feed sparingly to see if your fish like them.

I suppose I could just sort them out and use the flake portion of the food, or give this stuff only to the fastest feeders, so it's not hanging around too long. Looking for variety without filling my downstairs freezer with the frozen cube stuff. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom