fresh water sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

user404

Aquarium Advice Regular
As I told some of you I have just moved up to a 55 Gallon glass tank..I still want to make the maint. easier..Im thinking a little extra water cant hurt..My 55 is already stocked and running so I cant drill it at this point..
Im thinking of using a 10 gal or 20 gal..Starting with the 10 gal for a wet sump. So far I know I have to use a syphon to feed my sump..small hole below the water line to break syphon if too much water comes out and a small hole in the line out of the powerhead that should stay under water so if the power goes out and the syphon breaks the powerhead can keep recycling the water it has so it dosent run dry...Im sitting at a 10 gallon tank with 2 plexiglass dividers at the moment...3 compartments ..No need for protein skimmer in fresh water so Im thinking bio-balls in compartment one some type of strata for middle and power head in third tank..
any good use of sump in fresh water?

I use wet drys in all my three of my large tanks, what's not to like it increases water volume, increases oxygen exchange, maintains display tank water level, provides a place to store heaters, and multiple media options...my only drawback is added noise while the constant flow of water.

Back
Top Bottom