Freshly cycled tank 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might get 6 panda corys today. Those are some cute little creatures.

A couple more of the kids playing in the pool

Sent from my DROIDX using Aquarium

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110403_091149.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110403_091149.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 67
  • ForumRunner_20110403_091205.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110403_091205.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 69
They look great Deckape! Those little buggers are so fast I'm surprised you got them in the shot at all!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

All your numbers sound absolutely perfect too. Those fish got to move into a palace.

Man, you gotta get danios. Those guys are nice. My leopards almost look like rainbow trout. The blues are pretty too. You are right, they are fast. I was gonna wait to get the panda corys, but I need some bio load. It appears the danios don't have much of a bio load. I have fed them 30 seconds worth of flakes twice. I haven't seen but one little tiny flake go to waste. They hit that food and get down to businesses.

The numbers as a direct reflection of teamwork between Eco and I and the advice received directly or indirectly from all of you. Thanks everybody.

Headin home with neons, round body red eyed tetras and zebras! How'd you acclimate yours? Drip method, slowly adding water to the bag?

Congrats! I just slowly poured water a few ounces a time over about 30-40 min. And dumped them in water and all. They took off.

You remembered to turn the heat down didn't you?

Pics later please

eco23 said:
Headin home with neons, round body red eyed tetras and zebras! How'd you acclimate yours? Drip method, slowly adding water to the bag?

Your fish are headed to their palace!

Yep remembered the heater thank God. Seems like exactly the type of thing I'd do. I'll upload some pics to my tank thread in a couple hours once they've checked out their new digs. You won't believe the price I got on them.

Hey Deckape, your Danios aren't jumpers are they? Mine keep playing in the bubbles and launching themselves up to the surface, lol. My tank is covered but there's some open space in the back that I don't want them to launch themselves out of.

Not yet. I did a head count this morning and think all were present. But it is hard to count those buggers. I didn't see any on the floor. I am going to plug the gaps on the back where the cutouts are with sponges I think.

That's a good idea. I had a bala shark a few years ago that tried to go where no fish had gone before...he didn't make it far.

eco23 said:
That's a good idea. I had a bala shark a few years ago that tried to go where no fish had gone before...he didn't make it far.

Rofl love it!
RIP Louis and Clark fishie!

Yea I have been worried too. You know first day at work, leaving the kids home.....

Back
Top Bottom