Freshly cycled tank 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deckape

Aquarium Advice Addict
Thanks for all the suggestions and valuable advice. Don't hate on my octopus
My daughters love it. Getting about 30 Zebra Danios. More or.less.depending on feedback. Might get Corey too.
This tank was fishless cycled for Danios not with them. Thanks Eco for the support. I will be typing up my deck log and adding it here. I kept great records

Sent from my DROIDX using Aquarium

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110330_195702.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110330_195702.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 149
  • ForumRunner_20110330_195721.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110330_195721.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 146
You put 30 zebra danios in that tank and you're gonna feel like you are in the disco era... those things will be all over the place. Sounds like a fun plan!

I think it would be a bunch of fun too...A little Bee Gees and polyester!

Looks great man! It looks REALLY tropical. Almost looks like a saltwater tank. I'd make sure to get fish with some color so they stand out against all those great colors you've got in there. Congrats on getting it all set to go and doing it the right way without fish! I do like the idea of a bunch of little fish zooming around in there.

Still can't believe we finished cycling on the exact same day when we started at the same time! Even more incredible is we both used different methods and it still ended up that way.

Thanks Buddy. Yea its crazy but at least we know the bacteria in the bottle works IF ammonia is present. We will have a root beer when the airshow comes. We can hang out anytime.

Beautiful tank and very colorful! :D I especially like the stand and hood. Your octopus doesn't look healthy though... you might want to check his vitals. HA! Ok, I'll stop. :p

Congrats on completing your cycle! (y)

Oh and +1 to Bee Gees!!!

Thanks guys. I appreciate your sense of humor.

Get about 5 variations of corys, help to keep nitrates in check with all those fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Do you think 30 is too many?

Deckape said:
Do you think 30 is too many?

I'm planning on adding a total of 36 similar sized fish to mine and everyone thats reviewed it thinks it's good to go. Since you've got a larger tank than me I'd say your golden. Only question I'd have is how many of the 30 to add at once.

I was just gonna do 6 per week or every other week. How are you?

A few of the senior members here recommended adding half at first, then splitting the other half into 2 groups and adding them 2 weeks apart. Probably what I'll do. Since we got nice strongly cycled tanks, I can't imagine 15 tiny fish at once throwing it out of whack. Surely 15 tiny fish wouldn't be equal to 4ppm per day of ammonia, right?

True, that's what I will do. Thanks

Just a friendly reminder to all of us with newly cycled tanks... Turn the heater down before we add fish! I'm sure we've all got them cranked up for the cycle. Even though I'm the one posting this, I'll probably be the one to forget to do it,lol.

Already did it Eco. Thanks as always

Going to get 7 or 8 blue finned danios and 5 black barbs in the morning. Thanks in advance for any future advice I will need.

Amicus said:
Beautiful tank! Nice job on layout.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Thank you. What variations of cory should I get? I haven't done any extensive research yet.

Back
Top Bottom