Freshwater Angelfish and Corydora.. compatible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aznxcore

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys. i'm fairly new here, so hi to y'all.

At the moment i have 4 angelfish (2 adults/2 juveniles) in a 30 gallon tank. I also have about 8 ghost shrimps which are probably going to be eaten soon : (

I do plan on breeding the angelfish sooner or later, but my main priority is not breeding, rather, having a nice looking tank. i would like to add a school of corydora fish. I've read that corydoras don't bother angelfishs, even during their breeding time. Is this true? If not, what fish is compatible with angelfish even while they are breeding?

A type of fish i'm looking for is one that won't bother the angelfish, nip them, eat their eggs, or fry. Or is this too much to ask for? haha!

Thank you for any of your inputs!

if you have 2 adults when it comes time to breeding they might kill the other 2. in a 30 they dont have room to get away from the spawning pair. when raising fry you tend to take them out of the parents tank and put them in their own. angels will protect their fry so there shouldnt be too much trouble.

if you have 2 adults when it comes time to breeding they might kill the other 2. in a 30 they dont have room to get away from the spawning pair. when raising fry you tend to take them out of the parents tank and put them in their own. angels will protect their fry so there shouldnt be too much trouble.

Not exactly my question, but thank you for your input. I'd just like to know elaborately (nipping, egg eating, etc) what other fish is compatible with the angel fish.

Any fish will try to eat spawn, even the tetras often recommended for an angel tank. Not all angel pairs will look after the eggs and fry. I have found that more won't than will.

A 30 gallon tank is about the right size for 2 angels that get along more often than not the angels don't get along. Right now with 4 in your tank you are overstocked. I have community tanks with cories, angel, swords and a clown pleco in one tank. The other I have an angel, cories, bleeding hearts and bristlenose. My angels didn't get along with each other. A friend of mine had 4 in a 55 the pair killed the other 2.

If you are going to breed angelfish you need to do a lot of research.

You are actually overstocked right now.

Any fish will try to eat spawn, even the tetras often recommended for an angel tank. Not all angel pairs will look after the eggs and fry. I have found that more won't than will.

Thanks! i would rather keep the tank as an angel tank,as they are really beautiful. i'll just add more plants to keep the tank eye catching : )

A 30 gallon tank is about the right size for 2 angels that get along more often than not the angels don't get along. Right now with 4 in your tank you are overstocked. I have community tanks with cories, angel, swords and a clown pleco in one tank. The other I have an angel, cories, bleeding hearts and bristlenose. My angels didn't get along with each other. A friend of mine had 4 in a 55 the pair killed the other 2.

If you are going to breed angelfish you need to do a lot of research.

You are actually overstocked right now.

Thanks for the input. I just wanted to know what other fish is compatible with the angelfish. I don't plan on breeding anytime soon, but when I do, i'd say i'm knowledgable. I have another tank awaiting for the 2 juvies.

guppies or other livebearers they love to eat the fry. but again what joy said was right. if you have a tank waiting for them then you should move the small 2 out. if you really want to breed the angels its best to do it in alone then pull the eggs out.

Back
Top Bottom