freshwater eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmf

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i've had a freshwater eel for a while but don't know what it is... It's dark silver, lighter on the bottom. long 1 piece dorsal fin. head is shaped that of a fish head, it is about 40cm in length. fairly sure that it is not a "rope fish". It is housed with several african cichlids, a 15cm long albino algae eater, 1 chinese algae eater, 5 mystery snails,1 spiny/tyre track eel and some shrimp, (not sure what kind). Environment is good condition with live plants, hiding places, good water condition, etc. Both eels a very active (day and night) all fish are hand fed.
HOW DO I POST PIC'S?? I WILL POST A PIC OF THE EEL!
any help or information will be greatly appreciated.
cheers,
Tim.

thanks for the info on how to post pics, would have helped if i poked around a bit!

Attachments

• Image017.jpg
    Image017.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Image027.jpg
    Image027.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Image015.jpg
    Image015.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 79
To post a pick, click "manage attachments" below the submit button. From there, you can upload your files.

OR

If you already have the picture on the internet somewhere, like on www.photobucket.com you can link from there too. When in the "reply to post" section, click the icon at the top that is yellow wth mountains in it.

Once you get your photos uploaded, we can try to I.D. the animal.

:n00b:

JK

It's kind of hard to tell from your photos but maybe its an Anguilla rostrata, American Eel.

50 Gallon;
1x Electric Yellow
2x Dark angels
1x Midnight blue Peacock
1x Red Peacock
2x Brazil or Green Texas Cichlids
1x 4inch Albino Algae Eater
1x Chinese Algae Eater
1x Bristlenose
1x Spiny (Tyre Track) Eel
1x Mystery Eel (approx 40cm)
5x Mystery Snails
Steady stock of freshwater Ghost Shrimp.

Heavily Planted, a few hiding places.

Two Internal jet flow filters on either end,
1 being much smaller and mainly fitted for the left of the tank, for it is more heavily planted there than anywhere in the tank. The smaller filter however is not using the jet powered ability.

1x approx 17inch submergable heater.
1x 10cm long bubble wall connected to a small air pump.
A few small ornaments.
A few sea shells.
3x lights on lid, however all need to be replaced.
White Cichlid crush for substrate

Water PH average 7.4 can raise up to 8.0.
average temperature of between 26-28 degrees celcius.

well thats pretty much my tank if anyone was interested!

Feed: live bloodworms and shrimp, frozen bloodworms, ready to introduce frozen brine shrimp! small and medium floating cichlid pellets, white crane Super G pellets with 5% spirulina, cichlid flake, algae bits, on occation feeder fish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom