Freshwater loners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, he was in his own tank, I had two other tanks going. I put the three tanks in storage, bought a 125g and started a community tank.

4x Green severums
9x Australian rainbowfish
9x Clown loaches
2x Rubber Lip plecos
2x Synodontis decorus
1x Synodontis hybrid
1x Hoplo catfish
1x Golden Dojo loach
1x Pictus catfish

R golden dojo loaches or black kuhli loaches easier to take care of? I always seem to see dead dojo loaches at my lfs but black kuhli always out of stock. Which is better? Which is easier?

R golden dojo loaches or black kuhli loaches easier to take care of? I always seem to see dead dojo loaches at my lfs but black kuhli always out of stock. Which is better? Which is easier?

You have to remember that Dojo loaches are weather loaches and are effected by things like barametric pressure whereas Khullis aren't. If you get healthy ones, both are fairly stabile fish.

You have to remember that Dojo loaches are weather loaches and are effected by things like barametric pressure whereas Khullis aren't. If you get healthy ones, both are fairly stabile fish.

Really? I didn't knw dojos were weather loaches! That is good to knw. IMO, weather loaches r kinda boring till storms come.

My dojo loach is pretty active, my only complaint is that he's growing very very slowly.

Ruby Sharks are fine on their own, although mine thinks he's a clown loach and follows them about!

8-10" is still pretty big for a very active fish, long term they still need a minimum of a 125g.

Probably but it depends on the fish. I bought 9 from Petsmart at 1.5" or less. It has been about a year and my biggest is 3-3.5", my smallest is still under 2". Growth rates vary tremendously in clown loaches. The alpha clown loach will grow much quicker than the others.

Probably but it depends on the fish. I bought 9 from Petsmart at 1.5" or less. It has been about a year and my biggest is 3-3.5", my smallest is still under 2". Growth rates vary tremendously in clown loaches. The alpha clown loach will grow much quicker than the others.

Ok. So the alpha one will be the biggest and the one all the others follow? Will the alpha one bully the smaller ones?

Back
Top Bottom