Freshwater plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike1111

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to the aquarium world. I was wondering what suggestions anyone might have about live plants in a freshwater tank. Im starting a 55 gallon tank and I need plants. I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks all
mike

Welcome to AA!

Is all you have so far is the tank? Do you have any idea what kind of plants you want to keep? High tech, or a low light easy tank?

Try posting this in the Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks section, you might have better luck with what your asking for.

What we need to know though is what kind of lighting you have on the tank now, and if your willing to put co2, and fertz into the tank. We also need to know if you have any plants in mind.

I'm guessing since it might be your first time with planted tanks, you will want to do a low-tech setup. Low-lighting, no co2 or fertz added. With that in mind, go to this link I post below, it is a list of low-light aquarium plants that would be suitable for a low-tech setup.

PlantGeek.net - Plant Guide

The first mistake I made was buying non-aquatic plants. Beware of places like petsmart- believe it or not, they sell plants that are advertised as aquatic even though they are not. Plantgeek.com has a good list of non-aquatics. Don't be like me and just start buying plants because they "look nice". :)

Back
Top Bottom