Freshwater Pufferfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh that's gonna be harder to get a hold of I live in Indiana lol so there's like no salt tanks up here its very rare

Try drsfostersmith.com I looked it up again and since we are trying to accomplish brackish not salt water you should be fine with aquarium salt. Increase it gradually tho. Don't shock the fish. 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons. To start. That is to maintain healthy FW fish. Me personally I would add 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons once a week until hydrometer says 1.00 stop For a week to let them acclimate. Then continue to 1.08 , 1.10 +/-
Just remember to test water and condition on water changes. WC do not remove salt. So you have to add salt to water and make it the same Salinity before it goes in the tank. Get a hydrometer !!! To help get a piece of live rock, has beneficial bacteria in it for SW tanks. Can't hurt
Just a word of caution.

Your fish have a fungus. Get some generic fungus medication at LFS and you would should be fine.

Your GSP will be fine in fresh water for a year or so but needs brackish after that. your Fig 8 is a fresh water puffer and will do fine in freshwater. Dont forget to feed snails to keep there beaks down.

Thnx bkiggy for the information I want to have a full salt tank but they're really hard to take care of and I'll prolly have to order a hydrometer from the fish store since they don't carry them I don't think lol though I haven't been there in a while but they're not open till tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom